Friday, April 12, 2013

Taiwan Day 15- 19(5 Days Summer Camp)

Date:4/7/12
Venue:磐石中学
Woke up at 7.20am as previous 2 days.. The Priest picked us up today and the kids will be have summer camp for 5 days... Breakfast :egg pancake with soya milk
4 of us were distributed to different groups-as participants and helpers.. I got Zhi Hao, Shi Hao, Zheng chuan and Red tea in my team(Team 10); Wynlim in team 9 which Zheng Yao and Gino belongs to; Nav and Chau were in team 7 & 8
The camp is a bit boring to me since compared to previous camps that i participated, all of the time is fully packed with outdoor activities.. This is the 1st religion camp I ever joined... Basically I got Zhi Hao always stick with me the whole day,but he got his schedule as well(like lessons and activities) & i dun really know how to help them throughout the whole camp since we know nothing in details on the camp(with only schedule/time table on the camp)
I guess the biggest problem in the camp is age range, where the age range of the participants is quite wide(2 yrs old to 17 yrs old), besides, the time they arranged is like have a lot of free time(loosely arranged)... So, no activities sometimes makes people feel tired too... That's why Wynlim feel tired today... Eg: like 1pm all of the participants having nap & I don't know they have lessons at 2pm, so 4 of us overslept and we missed the lessons with them..
Spending 3 hours  for nothing, 4 of us decided to talk to the Priest or Ms Chu on our changes on earlier plan(to stay with the kids) -- we wanted to changed the plan where to go back to the church everynight after 7.30pm..
Activities in the night is a bit boring for 4 of us, since 3 of them don't understand chinese and I can't get along well with them.... Finally, before back, I got the chance directly talk to the priest(coz I''m too shock after heard Ms Chu said we have to get back to the camp again after packing later) I explained to him that the situation of language barrier and causing unnecessary troubles to them... But the priest said he kinda worry for the kids and need us to take care of the kids(help the teachers)
But I seriously wanna stay at least tonight in the church, because Nick and Vagiz gonna visit us tonight & we got to know we have to stay last minutes,is like unfair for us... I texted Nick and told him that we will not be in the church for tonight and they are already waiting for us at outside of the church.... Then, Nick texted Wynlim that both of them brought me a cake and 4 cups of bubbles tea, planning to have a party tonight and sadly we can't stay...
When we reached the church, They are waiting for us and sitting on the staircase outside of the church... I get down the car and explained to the priest that we have visitors... How touch when saw they holding the bubble teas and the cakes,hugged me tightly and wished me Happy Birthday... =)
I almost cried, was really touch because i didn't expect have late bday celebration and the worst thing is we cant stay overnight and celebrate together... they came all the way from trainee house to the church.. I am so sorry... Worst thing is, i only  have 30 min to pack + celebration (Priest said the church will be locked at 10pm) T^T ... I hate the situation so much now and I just couldn't understand why we cant stay in the church for just tonight... 15 min pack and 15 min celebration... (I even gave the bday cake slice to hint him but besides Birthday wishes and end up with nothing)
Videos(korean bday song) from others Eps recorded by Nick * I am freaking touch* I know 6 of us missing each others so much since we always the gang who hang out together and both of them claimed that the few malaysian Eps is like  speak in chinese more(less social with them) .. Btw, all the way came here and bday cake+my fav bubble tea, I am so touch... Thank you guys!!! Chau got it rite, and she said she saw my eyes holding the tears, and she know I almost cried.. =')
Duh, for short 30 min gathering, we have to say goodbye to them(they refused to stay overnight in the church without us,no point of staying without the bday girl-- they even brought champagne/wine as well) Both of them are so well prepared... =(
Get back to the camp again and being introduced to the staff/facilitators and after that we get to rest.. I am sorry that we have to squeeze with the kids(25 people in a room) , again guilty here for making them into troubles..
There are few things that I really feel unhappy with it
  • we didn't get any notice that we have to stay overnight(I even asked the teacher yesterday and they are not sure)
  • the priest do gave us option whether we  wanna stay or to go back..
  • Hinted but failed
  • 30 min to pack???!!! and bday gathering
  • he knew that Chau, Nav and Wynlim are tired but still want us to stay
p/s: My writings in the dairy are super messy because the teachers gonna to switch off the lights soon... =(
Date:5/7/12
Venue:磐石中学
Summer camp day 2... we couldnt sleep well(I guess all of the participants as well).. Besides the kids were crying, the main reason why i couldnt sleep well is because the air condition is too cold and the floor is too hard for me to sleep(couldn't turn around as well since is too pack)
Kids woke up at 6.00am, I dun und why they wake up the early since the time table shows that they only have to gather at 7.30am...They didn't take shower or change their clothes... The floor is super sticky and my socks gone! =( (I put it aside also can lost) Today activities still boring, we had lessons with elder girls(high school girls) The lessons is on some history on the religion and some of the philosophy in bible.. I almost fall asleep since lack of sleeping for the night...Luckily coloring section save us to waste some time..Lunch: noodles+鲁蛋+vegetables+mango and green bean soup..
20 min nap at the 1st floor of the basketball indoor court.. The surrounding is really nice, quiet and no one disturb.*I even think of to sleep here during the night but no one wanna accompany me =( 
Water fight in the noon and the boys actually aiming me & wynlim especially lenglui Wynlim.and  one of the facilitator splashed a water balloon on us ; my hair got wet =-=
and I threw one of the balloon to her as well, HAHHAHHA
Nothing special today, ouya, get closer to a girl called 文雅, she turned emo when we discuss on the group performance*she cried* I tried to accompany her and after a while, she got better even-though she didn't  tell me what happen.. She borrowed me her novel to read*such a sweet girl
During the 弥撒section, the priest talked on the issues of the boy that passed away , I can feel the priest is very upset,since the children in the centers is like his children  .. We are being informed that we will have the chance to see some of them being baptize on this upcoming saturday.. *curious---because I never see that before
p/s: Kids fall asleep on the stage (I was teasing him all the way).. Priest's speech a bit too long today, I fall asleep as well LOL~ 3 more days and 2 more nights, HWAITING
Date:6/7/12
Venue:磐石中学
The kids woke me up by 7am also*as usual.. I couldn't sleep well yesterday night because Ms Wynlim kept pulling my blanket /Lie on my back == ( she said she was too cold)
As usual, morning lessons after the breakfast(porridge,milk,bread).. Lessons on Jesus, the son of the God & remind us to spread love to the world/ people who need the help... Half awake in the class due to lack of sleep yesterday night... Anyway, the art work session still the best to spend some of the time...
Nap again at the peaceful place that found yesterday(mind was thinking Cheng Wei already 7 years in the centers, God bless every children...I am so thankful at this moment) We had 'Blind walk'(like night walk usually planned in the Malaysia Camp) and our eyes is covered by the mask.. tried my best to translate the command to 3 of them*forgive me for not able to translate the situation that the leader asked us to imagine..
大风吹and music chair games with the kids after the blind walk, having fun and the kids enjoyed too... Dinner: xtra eggs and watermelon!!! Special performances by special guest after the games' who is in the house?'(the situation happened Me and Wynlim were stunned for few seconds, when the team leader said there are only taiwanese in the house,.. Quickly ran to other team/house after get what he meant...)
Singing and dancing performances by the facilitators.. 应猪(the unit head of activities) sang 背对背拥抱,佳豪sang 爱你 and 势在必行by 应猪and the ex-camp director... After that, performances using Africa music instrument by 7 tutors from the school..
Everything was fine today just that I feel uncomfortable when the teacher asked me to help one of the student to read out the prayers on the stage*the student went to extra tuition class.. I rejected her 2 times but she still hope I can help her...I bring my problem to the Sister (from Hong Kong) and end up they didn't push me to the stage(thanks to Chau who convinced me to talk to the person incharge:Strongly reject if you don't feel like doing that thing).. I'm not afraid of going up to the stage, just that I have my own religion, and really sorry that I cant make it...
p/s: Phone call from parents and I didn't tell them the situation(convinced them I'm ok & only facing problems on sleeping well)
Jeff said Charles booked the train ticket to Hua Lian(13th July 3pm from taipei).. It was bad idea, pre accommodation of the conference might exceed my budget as well... still have ChiaYi,Sun Moon Lake, and green Island trip.. I am considering to cancel Chia Yi trip now..
Date:7/7/12
Venue:磐石中学
 4th day of the camp... well, I got a nice sleep yesterday night because I guess I am too tired... Shit thing on this morning is I dropped one of my contact lenses and makes me have to wear my spec for the last 2 days... Lessons as usual and Baptize by 5 priests and the whole ceremony took about 1.30hour.. Had our group photo as well*I wish to get a copy of it
The priest wants us to come out with a performance 2night, but we refuse to, because we didn't prepare for it*running out of idea what to perform as well..Is it my responsible, I forget that the priest mentioned on the performance on the 1st day of the camp during he introduced the director of the camp.. or maybe the person that approach us get the words from the Priest wrongly? 
Group practice after the nap..An association donated NT$160 thousand came to visit the children and the priest let them to have some interaction with the kids(about 3-7 years old) so that they could understand the situation that St Francis Xavier Home for children faced... The rest of us had the station games while the kids bring them walk around...The station games was fun...
again I got extra eggs(fried egg with tomato) from the facilitator =), i am just too obsessed with EGGS.. ahhaha
After Dinner, group performance.. Mainly dancing and personally thinks that the boys did the great job  and I seriously impressed by HaoYan, Hao Yao and the friends...I hope their talent can be recognized by the priest... Then, some thankyou speech by the facilitators and many of them cried during the sharing moment.. four of us grabbed the chance to thanks to everyone who bring us a different camp experience....Chau wonder four of us will cry or not when we leave Taiwan.. I guess I will, because I love the people I met here...(30 days to go now)
p/s: Ms Chu promised to gave us a day off on Monday!!! Nick and Vagiz gonna visit us 2moro night! I pray hard to get a chance to back to church & have a nice shower before go to the celebration dinner of the camp at 5pm...I wonder how am I gonna wash my shirt during the HuaLian and green island trip *will be a week for traveling ><
Date:8/7/12
Venue:磐石中学
Finally came to the last day...Each of us got a copy of the group photo... And people craving for the signatures from the one they appreciated... we were like giving out signature*since we dunno who should give to sign~ Wynlim and i gave our name tag to Gino... and we snapped photos with the kids as well.. just that I cant upload it online as promised to the Priest..
After the 弥撒of the day, we actually have 3 hrs free *was waiting for Ms Chu and Priest to settle down the transportation problem.. 3 hrs waiting for doing nothing but watching some of them play basketball.. *as usual, watching people played basketball is one of the best thing in the world.. =) Chengwei and Haoyao can play very well, good players(attack and defense skill quite good) Nav also not bad... 文雅havd to sent to hospital after falling down(she accidentally step on the carpet that uses to protect the court) Hopefully she can get well soon..A teacher actually observing Wynlim because she worry the elder boys in the centres might fall for Wynlim.. and the teacher tried to get some info from me...
everyone of the centres gathered outside and queue up when the priest came... The priest arranged the seat (according to the table) for the celebration dinner later.. He separated 4 of us and  I am the one who will sit in the same table with the priest... Kids and teachers got scolded because of not queuing up properly...
I am so surprise that he smokes infront of the kids... and the issue he talked about the cigarette.. =.=!!!
and I had to finish the cup of wine and also 600ml of the beer... I do feel dizzy but the situation under control.. *under age also drink??!!!
The celebration dinner ends at 8.30pm and we were sent back to the church by Ms Chu.. Finally we are back.. and we have extra one day off... 2 DAYS OFF!!! Nick and Vagiz were here again to visit us! Sorry that I couldn't come out with a plan on green island now because was too tired...
Facebook saw people asking me where I go these few days.. They are worry after many days I disappear XP.. thanks for the cares on me.. We planned to  wake up at 4am to watch the sun rise.. *I got mission as well..but this means only got 1.30hr sleeping 0.0!!!!!  ARGHHH!!!!
p/s: only able to update on 1st day of the camp.. My body was too tired.. plan to go downtown tomorrow and Jerry will meet us in downtown~

Conclusion for the camp: The facilitators are strongly bonded-- I wish I can makes something different to improve on the upcoming any event that I hold...

No comments: