Saturday, June 23, 2012

Taiwan Day 3

I woke up at 6.30am this morning, for the farm, and the farmer was waiting for us at the petrol station opposite the trainee house.

Mr Farmer (Mr Chen) and his wife are so friendly after all… They are like the parents brought few of us to the largest fresh market in the Hsinchu city for the purpose of buying the ingredients of Chris's farewell party , After that we went to take the rice dumpling(ba zhang) from aunty chen's relatives... Then, we heading to the farm in 竹东(east of the Hsinchu city)



After our breakfast(2 Ba Zhang-- SHIT, Seriously Full), Me n JinLing were given task to clear the grasses around the vegetables.*btw, here to mention, the ba zhang is actually different from in Malaysia, they used salted vegetables as well* Clearing the grass which need a lot of hard work... and well, it consuming energy~*burn the calories of the ba zhang that I had just now =)






Around 10.30am, Aunty chen brought me and JinLing long long in Hsinchu city..(from the east to the south) She wanted to distribute the Ba zhang to her friends.. She recommended some food that I must try in Hsinchu included 润饼,阿忠刨冰,海瑞贡丸,米粉,冬瓜茶。 She brought us to 中山路which near the 城隍庙, and bought us the 润饼. The food is nice and the portion is too big, I cant finish that~ She even brought us the 冬瓜茶(wintermelon tea) as well.. so, my lunch actually fulfilled the 2 boxes of the list of food that I wished to eat =)
biggest Tian gong temple~
well known润饼

润饼
wintermelon tea shop~

Back to the farm again after the distribution of the ba zhang, Me and JinNing continue the job of clearing the grass in the section of seedling... and we had the short break after we finished clearing the grass... 
In the farm, I experienced how to remove the seedling from the plastic container and plant it on the soft soil, I catch 3 hens, I helped along to collect the bitterguard, Getting know the 小Mike and 小珊(2 goats XP), collecting the eggs, feeding the chicken with cucumbers..
小珊
 村姑Look!

 Seedling~

 丝瓜

 cucumber
 Pepper
 Paddy field
 Bitterguard


 eggs that i collected and the hens that i catch/feed

The farm is so fantastic! I mean Thanks to Mr Chen here, I manage to know how the male and female flowers look like and even get to see the pedals... Manually do reproduction for the plant , and know the species of vegetables and fruits like 百珍,白香果,非洲人深果。
even, because of him, I get to know his friends in the farm as well... The uncle that drink and jokes a lot~ *poor JinNing as the victim of making fun*
because of him, i get a chance to drink the Taiwan beer and it was nice! I mean better than the beer i drank before...

 白香果
 非洲人参果
 The female flower
 Taiwan beer!!!
 They said this wine is good for health but is not that nice to drink
From the farewell party, I get to met few new friends here, besides CTLC(Charles, Mike,Jerry, Iris, 丁丁,子铭, Jacky and etc), Tiago and Marcus from Brazil, Vincent from USA, Chau from Vietnam, and Wynlim from UK.. a wonderful night~ =)

 Mr chen
 Lovely~ Mrs chen needling for Chris
 Chau and me
Jeff,charles and Vincent
JinNing and me
Hakka song from 3 of them!
Last shot for us*Bye chris*
p/s: i am very tired now
  • UK and USA slang~ *i need to catch up!!! 
  • wynlim can speak cantonese!! her parent is from Hong Kong
  • mosquitoes bites=红豆冰
  • I am a pro chicken catcher
  • I hope everything will be fine 2moro~ 
  • I will back to farm again~
  • ingredients for the 青瓜拌菜:garlic, sesame oil, pepper, vinegar and cucumber.

No comments: